Welcome to Liversage Court, Derby
Liversage Court is a residential home based in the heart of the City of Derby.
It is owned and managed by the Liversage Trust, one of the oldest Charities in Derby.
The Liversage Trust was set up under the Will of Robert Liversage in 1529 for the relief of poverty. The Liversage Trust is one of the very few medieval charities still in existence having been set up as an Alms-deed, a practice which ended in the 16th century.
The Trust has maintained Almshouses since the 17th century. The original Almshouses were adjacent to St Peter’s Church and were upgraded in the early 18th century.
Between 1966 and the present day, further Almshouse estates have been built at Franchise Street/Drewry Lane, Keys Street and Arthur Hind Close.
Liversage Court is the Trust's only Care Home: Our “Jewel in the Crown”. Built in 1989, it was intended primarily to cater for Almshouse residents as they became frailer and less able to live at home independently. Our doors are now open to all - but our ethos remains the same - to provide high quality care at a reasonable cost.